Sunday, June 16, 2013

Unpause!

As many of you are just beginning or about to begin your summer vacations, may I just take a minute to congratulate you on a job well done. Your vacation is well deserved in this profession. And like many of you, I always have a few things added onto my plate during the summer months. Rarely will you meet a teacher that isn't taking courses, or working a second (or third!) job.  I think most of us can agree it's important to recharge, rejuvenate and refresh ourselves even for just two months. And one of the nicest perks of teaching is you get a do-over every September! Not too many jobs afford you that opportunity.

So what has been going on these past few months since I've pressed pause on my blogging?
1. Spring Cleaning: (No, my windows aren't done yet!) I'm busy revamping, revising and adding products to my TPT store. One of my most recent products is really useful for teaching the digraphs sh, ch, th, and wh.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Introducing-Digraphs-Pack-ch-sh-th-wh-725338
Adding resources for Orton Gillingham instruction is one of my goals because the online resources out there are very limited. If you are looking for a particular list for a lesson, let me know.
2. Pinning (No, not the tail on the donkey!) My Pinterest boards are fast becoming oneof my most important education resources. Everything I need this summer as I tutor students is pinned! Love it!
3. Networking: Getting the word out about Tiny Victories and The Reading Tutor has been an exciting process. I'm learning the ins and outs of reaching new audiences. What a journey this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment